Sunday 23 February 2014

Sunday treat ;)

This morning I attended my Hot Vinyasa Flow Yoga class at 11.30am. 
This class is intense! 
It's 75 minutes of core work but also focusing on a different specific area each week.
This morning was shoulders. 


Hot Vinyasa Yoga is performed in a heated room (85-90 degrees) because of the benefits it offers the body. 
Heat allows for muscles to ease through their full range of motion but is not an excuse to push muscles beyond their limits. 
Heat improves circulation and metabolism and strengthens the cardiovascular system. 
Sweating aids in detoxifying the body and rejuvenates the skin.


Poses are held for a specific number of breaths before moving on to the next pose. Vinyasa also refers to the movements or series of movements done between each pose in the series. 
Hot Vinyasa yoga is suited for all levels although familiarity with yoga postures and exposure to basic flow yoga sequences is recommended.


After my class I met my boyfriend for lunch.
We went to Mao.
Even though Thai Food isn't necessarily the most unhealthy, this was my cheat meal for the week and a real treat.
We shared a combo starter which consisted of prawns, chicken and vegetable spring rolls,
We had Mongolian beef for our main with a side of green vegetables.


After our food we went for a walk along the pier in Dun Loaghaire.
It was lovely to get some fresh air and really nice to stretch out my muscles after the intense workout this morning.


It can be really hard to be motivated enough to get up early on a Sunday morning when everyone else is resting or having a lie in.

 I love the satisfaction of completing a tough class and I can enjoy my little treat guilt free :)

Displaying photo.PNG




No comments:

Post a Comment