Tuesday 18 February 2014

Breakfast time

Definitely my favorite meal of the day.



On Tuesday mornings I attend Rise and Shine Yoga at 6.30am. 
This means a 5.30am alarm!! 
I always ensure I get to bed early on a Monday night. When you are doing high intensity workouts your rest is so important. It gives your body time to recover between workouts. If you skip your rest days and don't get enough sleep your workouts will start having negative effects on the muscle, breaking down muscle fibers. 
On my drive to yoga I drink a green tea with a teaspoon of wheatgrass and a shot of aloe Vera juice. Great to get the metabolism and the digestive system working early in the morning. 


I also have a fresh grapefruit which I prepare the night before into segments. (Easier to eat, less mess and more importantly this way there is no effort required at 5.30am!)


After my yoga I head straight to work. 
I work long days (9.30am to 8pm) so I need to prepare all my meals the night before. 


This morning I had gluten free porridge made with water and a shot of aloe Vera juice, served with fresh blueberries and some almond milk. 


This morning's yoga was extra hard as I moved into some much tougher positions so I'm adding some seeds and some chopped banana to provide more nourishment for my muscles. 


Yum ;) 

Finishing my breakfast with a cup of green tea! 



'Results are just a bi-product of a healthy lifestyle.'


No comments:

Post a Comment