Thursday 20 February 2014

Gluten-free Butternut Squash Soup



My boyfriend made this soup for me as a starter for our Valentine's night meal.He know's how important it is for me to eat gluten and dairy free as much as possible and when we have dinner together he suffers the same faith!! For this reason he wanted something simple yet tasty and this soup was just that.

I was so impressed I decided to try it out for myself last night.

Chop a large onion, two cloves of garlic and a large butternut squash.
Sweat them off in a pan with coconut oil for five to ten minutes.
Add salt and pepper.

Add two pints of stock. 
Your stock can be fresh or you can use gluten free vegetable or chicken stock cubes.


Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until the squash is nice and soft.
Blend to a smooth paste using a handheld blender.  
If you find the soup is too thick just add some boiling water or more stock if you have fresh stock to hand.

NOTE: For the best result really blend until the soup has a very smooth texture.

You can serve alone or with some chopped chorizo and pan fried cashew nuts.

I was feeling adventurous and decided to play on a basic gluten free bread recipe to make some sun-dried tomato bread as an accomplice.
It came out great.





Recipe to follow.



No comments:

Post a Comment