Monday 24 February 2014

Monday; rest day and prep day!

Today was my rest day from exercise. 
I went to the local pool for a quick swim to loosen up as I am very sore today after my tough yoga class yesterday.


I love swimming but find it hard to find time in my schedule to get to the pool very often.
I was researching different methods of massage therapy and relaxation techniques and decided yoga was the one for me, two months later, I am hooked. During my research I came across a technique called
'Watsu'



Watsu (Water Shiatsu) is the process of floating in a pool of warm water (supported by floats), while the practitioner applies stretches and principles of Zen Shiatsu. 
Stretching opens energy channels and strengthens muscles to improve flexibility and the warm water nurtures and relaxes the body while providing support to take weight off the spine.
This method claims to be great for flexibility, relaxation, relieving a rigid spine and releasing pinched nerves.


I couldn't find anywhere near me in Dublin that offered this kind of therapy so I decided to try the next best thing, floating in a pool supported by weights minus the person massaging my muscles! 

The benefits are immediately noticeable.
After 45 minutes in the pool I walk out a different person.
Floating completely realigns the muscles and joints and 15 minutes in the steam room and sauna round off the experience. 

The rest of my day was spent food shopping and food prepping, planning out my meals for my next three long days in work.


I know if I don't have my meals prepared I will eat food I shouldn't.
Because I exercise a lot my body needs more nourishment and I find myself hungry every couple of hours.
Different foods affect our bodies in different ways so it is important we eat the correct foods at the correct times.


Listen to your body- if you ate recently and don't have a rumbling stomach, YOU ARE NOT HUNGRY. 
Drink a glass of water and give the craving time to pass.

'Moderation is Key, NOT Starvation'

No comments:

Post a Comment