Tuesday 25 February 2014

Motivation!!!


It is really important to have something to motivate you when you are starting a new exercise routine. This time of year is a great time to start as summer is fast approaching and lets face it, we all want a sexy bikini body to flaunt on our holidays. 
It is easy to get disheartened if you are slow to see results but you have to remember; eating clean and exercising is a long term commitment, not a quick fix. 

STICK WITH IT. 



This morning was my 6.30 am yoga class which meant my usual 5.30 am Tuesday morning alarm :( 
I woke to my alarm thinking there was no way it was time to get up, the wind was howling outside and I still felt so tired. 
Unfortunately, it was true.
It was pitch black outside and the car was blowing across the m50 the whole way over to Dun Laoghaire.
but
it was worth the early start.

This morning I worked my way into lot's of new position; head stands and deeper back bends. It is really satisfying to see my progress after such a short period.



We also get to see the sunrise from the studio so it really is an amazing way to start your day.

Try give yourself something to work towards, plan a treat for yourself when you reach your milestone and then set a further challenge.

I workout at home and I have lots of motivational pictures and quotes that I see everyday and I think they really help keep me on track. 



Don't be too hard on yourself if you have a bad day, definitely do not quit as a result. Use the bad day as an example of what you will never do again. 

NEVER skip a meal instead of working out!


Take pictures of your progress because when you see how much you have progressed you will be much more motivated to keep going!


'If it is important to you, you will find a way. 
If not, you will find an excuse'.

No comments:

Post a Comment