Friday 2 May 2014

Day 5: Leisurely exercise!

This morning I woke at 8am after 8.5 hours sleep.



As I was off work today we decided to head to Glendalough and do a short 6km hike.
 When we got there I saw a hike trail for 16km, (approx 4.5hours according to the information centre) which I am definitely returning to do when I have a day with more time. 


Breakfast:
Omelette; 1 egg, 1 egg white with smoked salmon and cottage cheese. 
Cup of green tea.


Snack: 
Half ways through the hike we had a sit down at a scenic viewpoint and I had a boiled egg and a cup of green tea.


Lunch:
As we were out for the day I had little choice in what I ate. 
We went for a carvery lunch and it wasn't very nice. 
As 90% of it wasn't gluten or dairy free I ended up with cabbage, carrots and lamb for dinner.


It was a huge portion and barely ate half. 
It wasn't satisfying at all so I was really looking forward to my dinner. 



Snack:
Another boiled egg minus the yolk.

We drove to Bunclody for the night and stayed in the Millrace Hotel, just across from Bunclody Golf and Fishing Club.


Exercise:
A leisurely swim in the pool for 50mins. 

Dinner:
Dinner was fab. 
Grilled Salmon, asparagus, prawns and a purée of red pepper. 
Cup of green tea. 


It is very tempting to slip away from routine and a strict eating schedule when away for a weekend but if you really want it, you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment