Tuesday 1 July 2014

Active Rest Days!

Sunday was my rest day last week, and it was badly needed after completing a 10 km run on Saturday morning.  

Rest days are great because they allow our bodies time to recover and relax. 

In saying that, I always try to have an active rest day where I get at least some form of mild exercise in. I hate not exercising and find it hard to find a balance between over doing it and just getting in a light workout on rest day.

Sunday we went to Dublin Zoo.
 I live within a couple of minutes walk of the Phoenix Park so we decided to incorporate a long walk around the park en route to the Zoo.



We had lunch and chilled out at Nelson's Pillar for an hour and I performed some Ashtanga Yoga. 
The weather was amazing, perfect for practicing out doors.



We then walked back to my house where I did just ten minutes of ab work to finish off.


I saw this and thought it was great!
 3 very simple steps in the right direction:




No comments:

Post a Comment