Monday 14 July 2014

Undoing a heavy weekend!


Two weeks ago I was in Galway for the weekend for my friend Sinead's 30th. 
I had a great night but I was so tired for days following.
This in turn interfered with my regular routine.
My exercise was far less than I would usually have completed and my diet wasn't as strict as usual.

I made sure I got in two great workouts.



This weekend I was out with my boyfriend for his friend's going away party. 
I had a few drinks and we enjoyed the night.
The following day I was craving carbs, and lots of them..!
I allowed myself some treats knowing I was going to get back on track the following day.
I also made sure to do some form of light exercise in the form of a long walk.

Today I prepared all my meals for the next five days.


All of the recipes are on the blog.

Butternut squash soup:

Gluten free Muesli:

I planned out my workouts and I am ready to get focused again.
I am going to do five days of HIIT to help burn fat and get a total body workout.

It is very difficult to be extremely strict on yourself ALL the time.
When I was, I found I got very stressed and anxious if I ever slipped away from my routine. 
Allowing yourself a night out and cheat meals are important too, it's how you recover from this that's important. 

Here is a post I did on Recovery after alcohol:

No comments:

Post a Comment