Wednesday 6 August 2014

Paleo Breakfast option

Since my recent allergy testing I have been experimenting with lots of new recipes. I am intolerant to all types of grain, almonds, cashews, peanuts and pistachios so I am trying to find new breakfast alternatives.

This is my new favourite breakfast.



Ingredients
1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 cup unsalted walnut pieces
1/4 cup dried unsweetened goji berries
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup raw honey
1/4 cup coconut flour
coconut oil, enough to grease the pan

Directions
Preheat oven to 170 degrees. 
Grease a 9×13 pan with coconut oil.
Place ingredients in a bowl and mix until blended well.
  


Press mixture evenly into pan.  
Bake for 15-20 minutes until browned.  



Let cool for 30 minutes.  
Crumble into an airtight container until ready to serve.  

I pour unsweetened coconut milk over the cereal as I am intolerant to dairy, goats milk, almond milk and soy but feel free to use whatever fits with your dietary needs or taste preference.



This dish needs to be babysat, by this I mean stir the mixture around every 3-4 minutes so it doesn't burn and cooks evenly.
Banana chips are another tasty ingredient to add more crunch.



Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment