Sunday 31 August 2014

Holiday Food Diary!


Everytime I go away on holidays I have trouble with my stomach and maintaining a healthy functioning digestive system. 

The most part of this boils down to my IBS and I guess being out of routine. I am very much a regimented kind of person so when away my body seems to get thrown out of sorts. 

Knowing I was going to be away from home for over two weeks I was extra organised, I baked my paleo bread to take away with me, I rang ahead to both hotels I was staying with to ensure they could cater for my dietary requirements and that I would have a fridge in my suite to store my milk. 

Exercise is very important to me to and 
I was determined to keep exercising while away and managed to get a workout in everyday since leaving home with some rest days incorporating some light exercise.


I couldn't be more prepared. 

In France it was very difficult to find meals served without gluten and dairy and everything was served with French fries, rice or spagetti. My meals for that reason were bland and pretty unadventurous. BUT for this reason I had no major problems with bloating or uncomfortable cramping. 


After France I stayed in London with my sister for a few days. This allowed me time to prepare more fresh bread for my trip to Santorini. 
I don't usually eat a lot of bread but when eating out I am quite limited, especially for breakfast and lunch and having my own Paleo bread with me makes life much easier. 


Since arriving in Santorini I have been having some trouble with bloating and I feel very sluggish. I have managed to exercise but I am not feeling as food as I usually would. The good seems quite rich and even though I have been requesting meals without dairy it definitely feels as though something is sneaking into my system. 

Last night I had a local dish of Lamb in lemon sauce, doesn't look very appetising but it tasted great. 


We also sampled some Greek desserts. My boyfriend opted for frozen Greek yoghurt, I went for watermelon sorbet. 


It tasted amazing and there were lots of toppings to choose from, self service too so you could pick and choose to your hearts content. 




We have six more days left and I am going to try stick to raw salads and vegetables to give my stomach a break from trying to digest heavy meats as it seems to be causing me some trouble. 

#paleo 

No comments:

Post a Comment