Tuesday 12 August 2014

My New Diet/ Lifestyle.

Over a month ago I went for some food allergy testing as I had been feeling quite unwell after almost every meal I consumed. This was happening even though I had been living on an entirely gluten and dairy free diet.

I was bloating, cramping up and found I was getting sharp pains in my side.
I had even begun wakening up with a bloated stomach that was normally flat first thing in the morning.

I decided enough was enough and I had some blood tests done and visited a kinesiologist. 
Testing foods is one of the more familar services offered with Kinesiology.  Muscle testing gives you immediate feedback when testing a food.

If you suffer from:
digestive problems
headaches
low energy
if you'd like to lose weight
if you wake up tired
have skin problems
feel constipated
feel irritated, moody or even sad
if you sneeze a lot or have blocked sinuses
feel bloated or suffer other digestive complaints, then I would definitely recommend visiting a Systematic Kinesiologist to test the foods you eat.



I was not surprised to hear the list of food I was intolerant to as I had a good indication as to what was causing me the most discomfort.
I have been advised to avoid COMPLETELY:
All Dairy, all goat produce, all soy produce, Almonds including almond milk and almond meal with I would have consumed everyday, all grains (rye, oats, wheat, whey, corn, millet, rice, spelt), potato, pistaschios, peanuts, cashews, beef and pork. 

Sad face.

Since this I have been extremely strict on myself ensuring none of the above passed my lips.
So far so good and I have never felt better.



Last weekend I was away for a few days for one of my best friend's hen parties. 


This involved serious planning on my behalf to try and ensure I had snacks packed and some bread baked to bring with me for breakfast in the hotel each morning. 
Most of the weekend revolved around eating out and alcohol which was difficult for me but absolutely worth every second as we had an amazing weekend celebrating and catching up.

When eating out I chose only food I could eat or where this wasn't possible had some of the dishes altered to suit my dietary needs.



This week I will need to train extra hard to make up for the extra calories consumed in the form of white wine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment