Tuesday 5 August 2014

Choosing to GO out or choosing to WORKout!


Feeling the post bank holiday blues??

Nothing worse. 
I've realised in the last year that my body literally takes days to recover from a big weekend. So much so that it has put me off enjoying big nights out and long bank holiday weekends. 

The bank holiday weekend just gone I took it easy. 
I went away for the night to Co. Clare with my boyfriend. 

We had lunch out in Lahinch and went to see the Cliffs of Moher. 



That night we had a bottle of wine with dinner and a few drinks to follow. 
As I knew I would be having a few drinks I made sure my diet was super clean to compensate. 

We incorporated a 60 min walk around Lisdunvarna the next morning to freshen up.
When away from home it is hard to stick to routine and eating clean can be difficult, stay determined, remember why your doing it and find alternate healthier options!!
My boyfriend had a hot chicken fillet roll for lunch, it looked amazing but I opted for a chicken salad.


My dinner Monday was a fresh vegetable and prawn stir fry.


To treat myself Monday night I had a banana and honey sandwich made with my paleo bread! 

It gave me the sugar rush I was craving. 

Today I did my shopping, prepared my meals for the week and got a great workout in. 



Setting myself up for the week ahead. 

I had a quite weekend, I had a few drinks but I didn't over do it. 
Best of all I still feel like I enjoyed my bank holiday. 
Moral; FIND A BALANCE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment