Tuesday 9 September 2014

Working out on holidays!


When I first mentioned working out while in Lourdes with my sister and Dad my sister thought I was mad! 

Working out while on holidays?!!? 

But to me it was extremely important that I got some form of exercise in everyday to keep myself same and help maintain some kind of routine. 

My sister joined in with me and was delighted after we had completed each workout. It can be hard to find the motivation to make yourself get up off your bum and do it but when you do it's totally worth it. 

You get a sense of achievement and you don't feel as guilty about eating out three times a day!!!


When choosing our accommodation in Greece one of the most important factors to me was that I had access to a gym. 


I brought my skipping rope, resistance bands and interval timer with me. 

I made it my mission to get a 30-45 min HIIT workout in everyday and at least two weight sessions. 


The gym was small but had everything I needed to complete my workouts, I also seemed to be the only person using it every morning so I had the whole place to myself. 


I normally workout at home so having a gym to work in was great and I got to lift some heavier weights than usually which I was really happy with. 

I allowed myself one day of eating a bold dinner I knew would probably upset my system but I felt I deserved it after being so strict on myself for the two weeks. 

It was AMAZING!


My boyfriend and I shared Salt and Pepper Calimari on a beetroot, lentil, orange, walnut, feta and rocket salad. 


A local dish of spicy meatballs in a sundried tomato and feta bake.


A selection of fresh dips and some local freshly baked flat bread. 

I was instantly bloated and suffered considerably afterwards but the flavors still remain in my mouth. 

I'm home now and back to work and a regular routine. I normally feel terrible returning home from holidays but I still feel motivated and I dont feel like I have undone too much of my hard work!! 
It was also my first foreign holiday where I didn't have any vomiting or major stomach issues which is very unusual for me. 

My next focus is on my friends wedding in Oct as I am bridesmaid. 
I really want to focus on my arms and upper body as this is the only area exposed in my dress and an area I feel I need to work harder on. 


1 comment: