Sunday 6 April 2014

Find a way, not an excuse!!!

Seeing the physio last Monday confirmed my worst fear, my shoulder is badly injured.
I was told NO HIIT, NO weights and NO yoga.
For four weeks.

I received Radial Shockwave Therapy along with some manual therapy and was given exercises to do at home myself three times a day until my next appointment.


Radial Shockwave Therapy is a series of energetic 
shockwaves applied to the shoulder. 
The idea of the treatment is to initiate an inflammation-like condition 
(pro-flamatory) in the tissue.
The body responds by increasing the blood circulation and 
metabolism in the impact area which in turn accelerates 
the body’s own healing processes. The shockwaves break down injured tissue.
It wasn't pleasant, it sounded like a drill and felt like a drill.
I am going for my second session in the morning.

In the meantime, I was told I could run, cycle or walk.
Yawn...
None of these appealed to me but I wanted to exercise and if I was to maintain any of my hard earned results, this was my only option.

FINDING A WAY, NOT AN EXCUSE!!!


So, I planned out my week.

Tuesday: 6.30am Run



Wednesday: 7.00am Restorative Yoga and stretching


Thursday: Rest Day


Friday: 3.30pm Cycle


Sat: 7.00am Cycle


Sunday: Rest Day





Tomorrow morning I am back in Physio and am hoping there will be a big improvement on last weeks session. 
I am trying to stay positive during this set back and I have been looking up holidays this week to keep me motivated.


No comments:

Post a Comment