Sunday 23 March 2014

Progress- keeping a picture diary



I take pictures everyday before and after my workouts to keep an eye on my progress and to see how much my muscles are engaged throughout my workout.

Tracking exercise progress helps to keep us "aware" of where we are against our goals at any given point in the process. 
This helps boost our confidence and place our focus on our progress vs. how far we may feel from our ultimate goals.


There are lots of reasons to keep track - sometimes it is just to see where you have been and where you are going. 
Increased exercise tolerance and strength are often hard to perceive - but when we track our progress we can see the change we have made. 


Exercise can be tedious at times - and when we see that regular exercise makes us stronger over time, we are compelled to do it more. 
It is a way to see what does and does not work - we may see that a certain form of exercise was associated with less success at weight loss or more injuries or just less interest. 
By tracking exercise, we can track progress, figure out what works, and mix it up.

AB PROGRESS:

ARM PROGRESS:
  

LEG PROGRESS:


SHOULDER PROGRESS:
 

When tracking your progress it is important not to get too hung up on your weight on the scales. 

I NEVER weight myself.


My weight fluctuates a lot and because I lift weights, I am probably heavier on the scales now than I was before I decided to undertake my new healthier lifestyle.

The two most important things to remember;
+


"Stop waiting for Inspiration and BE the Inspiration."



No comments:

Post a Comment