Friday 12 April 2013

GloMinerals Make Up


I have been using mineral make up for about 9 years now. I honestly wouldn't use anything else on my skin! The benefits of using a mineral based make up are endless! 
My mineral make up of choice is GloMinerals.

 
My make up bag is practically 90% glominerals products; everything from my foundation, to my blusher, mascara, eye liner, lipstick and then 10% a small mix of a few favourites from other ranges.
Glominerals is a skin nurturing makeup. It's advanced formulations combine pharmaceutical-grade ingredients, natural high-pigment minerals and lots of antioxidants. It gives great coverage, broad spectrum UV protection while also helping combat free radical damage.
There are three different types of foundation; pressed base, loose base, liquid base. 




I prefer the pressed base as it is easiest to apply. There are over 21 different shades to choose from. I wear honey light during the day and honey medium if I'm going out or have tan on. 

 They have also just brought out a new Luxe Diamond Technology liquid foundation.
It is formulated with a light-diffusing diamond powder, broad spectrum UV protection and moisturising agents to give a flawless complexion.

I apply the pressed base using the glominerals Ultra Brush. This brush is specifically designed to hold the powder and give an even application. The hair from the brush is made from squirrel tail hair. (There is no cruelty to the squirrels in the making of the brushes and none of the products are tested on animals.) This hair holds the foundation so you can then use your brush to top up your make up later in the day, without having to use more powder. The powder is applied  in small circular motions. It's very important to moisturise your skin prior to application as the powder needs a base to set. Begin with a small amount, and layer if needed.
Once I am happy with the coverage I finish with gloMoist Hydration Mist. It gives instant hydration and really helps to set the powder. I love using this throughout the day to keep my skin hydrated as I am in air conditioning all day at work.
In the clinic at work we use mineral make to help camouflage redness after chemical peels, IPL and skin needling as clients are often quite conscious of their appearance leaving. Mineral make up is anti- inflammatory and anti-bacterial so its perfectly fine to use. In fact it can help take down the redness very quick allowing clients to have these types of treatments during lunch hour.


It also provides excellent coverage for skins affected by pigmentation.


It is the perfect option for people suffering with acne and breakouts as it allows your skin to breath. You get great coverage without having to apply layers of heavy make up which is quite often one of the reasons the skin is continuing to breakout. Vitamins A,C and E help to heal the skin.




The pressed base retails at 49.99Euro, the Ultra Brush 44Euro and the Hydration Mist 26Euro.

You can buy these products online but I would recommend finding a salon close to you that stocks the product as its better to try it first to find the right shade for your skintone. Its impossible to judge this by looking at pictures of the colours online. You will also be shown how to apply the bases properly and this will make a big difference to the finished look.

No comments:

Post a Comment