Tuesday 23 September 2014

'NO Potato' Potato Salad :)



Eating clean is not the easiest BUT it is definitely worth it when you see your results.
All it takes is will power and good planning.

I never ate potato much but since having it removed from my diet completely I seem to be craving it. 
I have been trying to come up with alternatives to trick my mind into thinking I am still consuming the odd potato.
Funny, we always want what we can't have.


So here is a little recipe I came up with to try mimic a potato salad type dish.

Makes 4 servings.

Ingredients
1 head cauliflower, chopped into small florets
2 stalks spring onion
1 Tbs fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 eggs, hard boiled, shelled, and diced
2 Tbs mayonnaise
1 Tbs dijon mustard
½ tsp sea salt (optional)

Instructions:
Add 1" of water to the bottom of a medium pot (with lid). Insert steamer basket and fill with chopped cauliflower. Cover.
Steam cauliflower on the stove top over medium-high heat until slightly tender, about 10 minutes after water begins to simmer.

OR

I prefer the cauliflower raw, with a bite.

 Place diced raw cauliflower in a large bowl.
Add spring onion, parsley, and egg.
Stir in mayonnaise, dijon mustard, and sea salt (if desired).
Serve immediately or store in refrigerator.

Another really nice addition to this is some thickly grated carrot or red onion.

Cauliflower & carrot salad

No comments:

Post a Comment